We at Donorhut run a service for nonprofit organizations and organizations seeking help with raising funds online. Our service helps you simplify your fundraising efforts and provides you with the tools to safely and securely collect money online. Our service is designed to give you as much control over your campaign as possible which includes what information you share. The creation of a campaign requires general organizational information such as "organization name" and "organization support email address". There is also optional specific information such as: "organization logo" and "organization website address".
The Donorhut application does not knowingly collect or solicit information from any individual under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any information. Any information we receive from people we believe to be under 13 will be removed from our database.
Information you provide
While using this website, you may provide us with anonymous information, personal information and additional materials.
Registration on Donorhut requires you to provide us with your personal information.
In other words…
- We collect both personal and non-personal information, examples of which are: IP address, pages you visited what the dates/times of each visit.
- We track some information using cookies. You can block us from using cookies, however your user experience will be degraded.
- Registration on Donorhut requires you to provide your personal information.
Use of the information we collect
Your personally identifiable information will not be sold to or shared with spammers or advertisers.
If you provide us with your email address, we may use your email to contact you and notify you of any service changes, updates or notices. You will be able to opt-out of receiving certain communications at anytime, however, you cannot opt-out of receiving certain communications such as service-related announcements and administrative messages, except by terminating your account.
We may use anonymous information collected through Google Analytics software and other means to improve the quality of user experience on the website and application. This information may assist us in diagnosing problems, maintain security and provide our services. We may determine user demographics, interest and behavior and may share this anonymous information with campaign owners and others. For instance we may provide geographic, demographic and usage information to a campaign owner / organization so they may better understand general campaign performance metrics and usage information.
Personal information such as "first name", "last name", and "email address" of campaign contributors / donors may be provided to the organization / campaign owner in order to provide them with the necessary information to oversee and manage their campaigns. All information collected through your campaign is to be kept private and only to be used in assisting the administration of your campaign. For example aiding in the issuing of campaign refunds and/or addressing disputes (charge backs). As a campaign owner you may not use the donors information to contact them for any reason outside of confirmation of donation details or to facilitate donation support inquiries.
In other words…
- We will never sell or share any of your personal information with spammers or advertisers.
- If you provide us with your email we will use it to contact you. If you want to break up with us, that's fine :'(… we provide a way to opt-out of email communication. If you want to continue to use our service there will be certain emails you cannot opt-out of.
- We use the information we collect to improve your experience on our website and platform.
Information removal, correction and updates
You can delete your Donorhut account at anytime, please contact us. Understand that we may need to verify account specific information before confirming the termination of an account. Using your Donorhut control panel you will have access to update your account information. It is expected that your account information is always kept up to date and accurate.
In other words…
- You can delete your account at anytime, just let us know… :'(
- We may need to verify your identity before we can terminate your account.
Links to other websites
Donorhut may link other websites, including by not limited to businesses, nonprofits and other organizations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to on the site.
Opting out of communications
You can choose to opt out of receiving specific emails from Donorhut by following the unsubscription instructions located at the bottom of opt-out emails. Please note that once we receive your opt-out request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe change will be processed promptly. Understand that specific administrative and campaign related communications cannot be opted out of if you wish to continue to use the Donorhut web application.
Security & information protection
Donorhut takes reasonable precautions to protect our users information, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user donates to a campaign, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Even though we have measures in place to allow you to control and limit access to your information, understand that no security measures are perfect or 100% effective. We cannot control the actions of other individuals with whom you may choose to share your campaign links and personal information to. Even after your campaign has be removed, copies of the materials and organizational information may persist and be viewable in cached and archived pages or on the devices of other users. We take matters of security very seriously, if you have any concerns or questions regarding the security or privacy of the Donorhut application, please contact us.
In other words…
- Donorhut may link other websites, we are not responsibile for the privacy practices or content of said websites.
- You can opt-out of email communications by following instructions found in the footer of the emails.
- Donorhut takes every measure to ensure your personal information is secure.
- Donations are processed through a gateway provider and transaction data is not stored on our servers.
- You can delete your campaign, however know that it may still be cached by archiving or online caching services. We cannot control these services.
Last updated: November 26th, 2016.